Among the best phrases I have read on various Resumes – This one stands out
“I am an innovative problem solver with a proven track record of extensive entrepreneurial experience motivated by results-oriented approaches which adds to my dynamic personality and demonstrates my ability to be a team player in a fast-paced work environment. Which is why I know I am a perfect fit for your company.”
Find anything odd?
Well this wouldn’t be the first or the last one you would get to read if you are in the industry I am in.
Here are some more overused phrases on Resumes.
The reason to avoid them is because they have lost their freshness due to being overused by too many individuals – especially those who copy / paste from the internet.
See if you have used any, and if you have, make it a point to change it.
1. Ability to Handle Pressure
2. Able to work in a Fast Pace Environment
3. Exceeded all productivity goals for the department.
4. Exceptional at Multitasking
5. Expert presenter, negotiator and businessperson
6. Having Superlative Adjectives
7. Including but not limited to – makes the phrase redundant dummy!
8. Introduced new products.
9. Lead a Team
10. Managed cross-functional teams
11. My Ambition is to climb at the top of the corporate ladder
12. Partner with others.
13. Possess 15 years experience in…
14. Possess leadership & communication Skills
15. Possess motivational and inspirational skills.
16. Praising to Perfection
17. Proven Track record of success.
18. Quick Learner
19. Resolved customer difficulties quickly and tactfully.
20. Results Oriented Person
21. Saying Resume on your Resume
22. Spoke with existing customers on a daily basis.
23. Stating the Obvious – Reference Available on Request
24. Stating what you were ‘responsible’ for
25. Strong communication
26. Strong customer service and organizational skills.
27. Taking about your Duties
28. Team player
29. Thrives in XYZ Environments
30. Took decisions on behalf of the management
Also avoid these 51 words if possible as they overused quite frequently.
1. Ability to (something)
3. Attention to Detail
13. Effective (something)
15. Ensuring Maximum (something)
17. Excellent Communicator
21. Graduated with Top Honors
33. Peoples Person
36. Problem Solver
38. Proven Track Record
39. Relationship Management
44. Seasoned professional
47. Strong Interpersonal Skills
48. Team Player
49. Time Management